All about US

My photo
Brittaney and I are two peas in a pod.. She is my reason for breathing...I wonder at times what my life would be like without her.. but then I realize I wouldnt have a life..

Welcome

Welcome To Our Page.. We have an interesting life... not always what some people would agree with .. but then again thats why its called "OUR LIFE" not your life!!

Friday, October 2, 2009

Homecoming 2009

I never thought I would see the day that Brittaney O'Pry would want to even think about being on the Homecoming Court.. but this year proved to be different. It all started out back in August, Britt came home and was like "I think I may have been nominated to be on the homecoming court", me being her Mother was very excited, but Britt being the tomboy she is didnt seem impressed. I asked when would she know and she said that the student body would vote once they got all the nominations in. The next day or two passed with no news, finally she came home and seemed to be excited.. she said that she made the court!! I again was excited since this ment that her peers thought enough of her to vote her on the court to represent them during homecoming, to me this was a big deal.. The next few weeks was busy, expensive, and wonderful all at one time...lol Britt is lucky enough to have a Aunt that takes beautiful pictures, everyone keeps telling her that Photography is her calling, so the picture taking was covered. (I wanted to make sure Britt had memories to last fovever of her special day. )
Then we had to have her measurements for her dress, that was easy enough.. Elegant Expressions took care of that and ordered her dress.. (might I say she was beautiful in it..) Then we had to line up the Hair do's, again thanks to Britts family connections Valarie (Salon 301, Hill Street in Griffin Ga) that was easy to accomplish. Then we get the surprise that for the homecoming parade she had to have another dress to wear and a convertable to ride in.. On the phone I go again.. We called several people since I saw no sense in buying another dress when she only needed it for 30 minutes in a parade and then to wear to the Homecoming Dinner at GTO's Event Center, but again I wanted it to be nice and would if we couldnt find one. After a couple of phone calls it was looking bad.. finally I thought about Britts friend Delaney, she wore a beautiful seafoam green formal dress to the Military Ball last year and her and Britt are about the same size, sure enough she still had it and was more than happy to let Britt borrow it. It was a little big but with a few alterations from Granny it was perfect. Finally Parade day came, Thursday September 24. The day started off with Britt going to school for half a day and me to work, then after that it was crazy.. I picked Britt up from school and we went to Valarie's... Ashley meet us there to take pictures, Once ready, we headed over to a little park area to take some pictures before the parade.
We then meet with the rest of the group at Food Depot to get the cars ready, Javen took care of the parade signs, and thanks to Ms. Kathy we had the car. (we was beginning to wonder if it was going to be ready in time, but finally at 2:15 parade day, we got the ok and all was good). We decorated the car and waited for Javen to show up with the signs... He was late but finally made it.. I worked my way down to meet with my mom and Sister in Law Julie to wait on the parade to start and Ms. Kathy took the kids to the line up at Home Depot.. we waited patiently to see the parade start, finally about 4:00 we heard Griffin High Band of Gold get started up, we have an awesome band by the way... then we watched as the ROTC and the chearleaders went by, then they had the Senior Homecoming Court, then the Juniors, and finally what we had been waiting for.. the Sophmores... There she was... waiving and smiling... my beautiful baby... I cried by the way...
After the parade, we went home to freshen up (it was 85+ degrees outside) then we was off to the Event Center for the Homecoming Dinner, we got to meet alot of the other court members, and took alot of pictures of her fellow classmates. Javen & Britt, Jay & Alex, and Dalton & Allison. We had a good dinner and laughed alot, they were given there homecoming T-Shirts, a little gift bag of goodies, and a frame with a picture of the logo on there tshirts. Finally the day was over....
Friday September 25, Homecoming Day... Same as the day before, I headed to work, Britt headed to school... the morning was busy for her... she had the Pep Ralley and then Heather (her Step Mom) picked her up from school and she had to go to the doctors office with her older brother Brian, then Heather brought her home.. we lounged out and rested for alittle while.. then about 3:00 it started raining.. I was horrified.. it rained HARD.. we left anyway about 3:45 to get her hair done all over again...
The rain started easing up, and before long the sun was back out... I was releaved... once ready we headed down to take some pictures.. of course right... (thanks again Ashley...)
Then we had to all meet up at Taylor Street Middle School to line up and take pictures with the photographer.. which by the way was almost 45 minutes late.. and didnt bring the back drops promised. While we waited we was able to get a couple of photos of our own...

<~Britt & Kory


Britt & Her Granny ~>





Then the adults headed over to the field, while the groups got organized and took there pictures with the photographer... Britt had three rows of bleachers taken up... not only did you she have my family, thanks again to my Mama & Daddy, Nanny, Uncle Charles, Aunt Nora Lynn, JuJu & Kyle, Jared & Jessica of course Raileigh, Chris & Courtney, Zach, and of course Brandon for coming.. but she had Stephen & his family as well, Heather, Hunter, & Austin plus Grand parents Sharon & Terry, Aunt Ashely & Uncle Lyde. I must say she is a very loved child...



The game started, Griffin High ~vs~ Forest Park.. @ 7:00, Griffin dominated the field the 1st half, finally into the 2nd Quarter the homecoming court arrived at the field, they had there own little section cornered off and they sat patiently waiting on Half ~Time.
Of course Hunter took advantage of this situation.. he was able to get his "Sissys" attention long enough to grab a couple of pictures with her.. and a Kiss!!! **muah **
Then it was time.. they brought out the band and the flag girls.. they they started presenting the homecoming court... Then what we had all been waiting for... Brittaney O'Pry was presented to the fans and her peers by Javen Jester...
Then they anounced the Queen, King, Prince & Princess... I disagree with this part.. I think they should pick one from each class, of course the King & Queen should be the Seniors, but the Juniors, Sophmores & Freshmans paid just as much for that night and should be honored as well, but this is just my opinion. lol










I am very proud of Brittaney for her hard work and dedication. She reminds me everyday why I get up in the mornings. She is always beautiful, even with her holey jeans and tshirt, but she was exceptionally beautiful tonight, she just glowed. Griffin went on to win 54 to 0!! (Did Forest Park even show up??) What a way to end the night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment